SAGINAW, MI — Less than 30 minutes after opening, Saginaw’s newest bar acquired a patronage of 16 customers seated in a freshly renovated space.
The Bancroft Wine & Martini Bar, located on the first floor of the Bancroft Building at the corner of South Washington and East Genesee in Downtown Saginaw, opened its doors to the public for the first time 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 10.
“We did a soft opening last night and we were full by 5:30,” said General Manager Darren Pfruender. “And no one really knew we were open, so it was kind of people just checking in.”
The launch of the new bar occurred less than a week after the adjacent Bancroft Coffee & Tea opened for business.
Visitors to the bar will find plenty of wine and martinis, as the name implies, but there is also beer, cocktails and food available to customers.
What exactly is offered at Bancroft Wine & Martini Bar?
- 30 craft beers (Four on tap, the rest in bottles)
- About 185 types of wines (30 offered by glass, the rest by the bottle)
- 30 listed martinis, but staff can make others based on requests
- 1920s prohibition-era drink menu with classic cocktails
- A dining menu with items including flatbreads, salads, a meat and cheese plate, an olive bar, stuffed grape leaves and more
- Happy hour from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. offers a $2 discount on wine served by the glass
- Nightly drink specials
Read more at www.mlive.com